TWO DAYS WORK IN ONE DAY

Antonio's and Yolanda's foundation made for a lot of extra work for us. We have to build on a hill so four feet of digging was needed on the uphill side to level the foundation. We dug all day and lost track of time. Scott and Lisa invited us for dinner and on our way out of Mexico a brake line on my truck broke and we lost all our brakes. We returned to the colonia and called Scott to rescue us. Yesterday we ordered a truck load of dirt and filled the foundation. By the time we got done, there was still enough time to take the delivery of the cement for the floor. The truck arrived at 5:00 and the floor was done by 6:30. A hard days work in 100 degree temps, I'm exhausted and spent the whole day there while Paula was at home with a temperature and not feeling to well. I usually freak out when I don't have someone to translate but my Espaniol is getting better and we manage to get our points across and get things done. I had to pay all the helpers on this house because I can't do it alone without a group here to help, so we're helping them out and they are really helping us out. Adios for now.

No comments: