MISSING ALL MY FRIENDS IN MEXICO

Just seeing Paulas' post of the celebrations in the colonia makes me feel homesick. Although it is nice and cool here in Chicago, and seeing friends and family has been great, I miss my wife! It really isn't good that man should be alone. My uncle Georges 90th birthday party was last Saturday and I was able to see many relatives that I haven't seen in years. Last Sunday Pastor Pat interviewed me about Paulas and my faith and our leaving everything in Chicago to answer Gods call to help the poor. He called me a champion of faith, I like to think of it as being obedient, with much trepidation. Now that we have been there almost four years, the trepidation has all but waned. He has made our calling and election absolutely sure. It's easy to visit where we came from, knowing that there is no opportunity to return. It has been great to spend time with our daughter Kristin and visit Grandma in the nursing nursing home as she recovers from her stroke. An old friends father passed away and they had a memorial service the other day, and it was reassuring to know that they all know Christ.

No comments: