I CAN ONLY IMAGINE

Last night, Paula and I went to the Mercy Me concert that our girls bought us tickets for my birthday present and it was awesome. They have had so many great songs over the years, but everyone came to hear their greatest hit I Can Only Imagine. As the question is asked in the song, when we get to Heaven are we going to stand in His presence or are we going to fall on our knees? Are we going to be able to do anything at all? I just want to see the one who paid the penalty for ALL my sins and gave me His righteousness as a gift and Worship Him as the Spirit moves me. Worship on this side of Heaven, as far as I see it, is offering up our bodies as a living sacrifices to do what He asks of us, whenever He asks us to. Romans 12 says that this is our reasonable act of Worship. Even though I fail to do all that He asks of me, I still consider it an honor to be serving Him here helping the poor in Mexico. The needs over there will never go away, so I know that God will always have something for us to do. I cleaned and organized the warehouse today and it just doesn't seem to get empty. We give and give the food away and it never empties. We met an 85 year old man Lupe' and His bride Francesca the other day. They live in a leaky house on the other side of the canal and could really use a new house. They are both new believers in Christ and as a result of their new found faith, got married last year after many years of living together, and I mean many, many years. Although we usually try to find families with kids needing a home, Roy and I both thought we could build them a slightly smaller home, to fit on the lot they have and bless them in the later years of life. The wood arrived for the trade school yesterday and Roy covered it up before the heavy rains last night. We hope to started painting it tomorrow. So I turned 55 yesterday and I still can't believe I'm that old. Thanks for the phone calls and well wishes.

No comments: