THE COLONIA STILL GETS FOOD

Even though it was cold and rainy Saturday, the people still came for their monthly bag of beans and rice with a liter of cooking oil and a bag of sugar. By the time Paula and I arrived, most of the people , 140 families, had come and gone with their food. I had told Ruth, the day before, that if it was nasty out and people come, just give them their food and send them on their way. I really look forward to seeing everyone and shaking their hands and asking them how they are, but only a handfull stuck around until we arrived. All the kids stayed home, so they'll get their juice boxes next month. By late morning, it was pretty nice out and the group from Austin had a big cookout for everyone in the colonia. After the cookout, we went to a birthday party for Pastor Victors Grandson and ate some great tamales. We started building another house yesterday and Paula and I both struggled through the day with nasty colds. We managed to get a few walls up and then called it a day. When there's no group helping us build, we move at a much slower pace. Today we got the rest of the walls up and the loft built. Carmelos Mom sent us all some tamales from Satiago Tuxla, Vera Cruz along with some barbacoa. We quit building at 2:30 and ate a great meal together. Todays divine appointment, and there is always at least one everyday, was to help a family with no diapers for their baby and no milk for him to drink. Tommy just asked Me for the money to walk three miles and save me two dollars verses buying them in the colonia. I bought them in the colonia and I could almost hear his heart saying, "Man what I could do with that two dollars Martin just wasted". Sometimes I think I just don't understand how poor these people are! Anyhow, baby Allan got diapers and milk and Martin needs to be a little less American and a little more Mexican. We had a missionary couple look at our house yesterday in Pharr and again we just pray, THEY WILL BE DONE LORD! I need to get that roof done on that house before anyone buys it. Time! I have no Time!

No comments: