BIRTHDAY, BOREGOS,BIG BEND

Last week, I turned 56 years old, and I don't feel a day over 56. Caleb and Mimi made me some hand made gifts, which I gladly adorned. Paula bought me one cake and Ruth and Carmelo bought me another, so I had two tres leches cakes for my birthday. Later that day, David and Angie Lara took us out to dinner at a Brazilian steak house, so I dont' know about anybody else, but I had a great day. Eliazar showed me his latest additions to his herd of goats, twins! Did you ever just want to get away? Well, we do from time to time, but rarely do it. We have been busy since Christmas and have had several teams here and have built 12 houses, and a few additions to houses since then, plus the food and gift outreaches. Some good friends called and wanted to donate a sizable gift to the ministry and told us to do whatever we wanted with the gift. My first response is great, money to build another house, but they really wanted to bless us and meet some of our needs. So we chose to spend some of the gift on gas. We loaded a few things up in the R.V. and headed to Big Bend National Park about 600 miles from here. I've always wanted to visit the least visited National Park in the U.S. and Big Bend is it. Herb and Carol Moering were going that way as they headed to Seattle to visit family and then partake in a cruise to Alaska, so I told them that we would meet them in Big Bend. I'd rather do the cruise! It is one desolate place at the Park. Hundreds of square miles of beautiful scenery and desert. It was only 108 degrees when we got there, not your typical ideal location for camping, but once we got the R.V. plugged in at the only full hook up facility in the Park, we jumped into Herb and Carols car and used it for the two days there seeing the sights. They were going to set up a tent and"rough it", but we insisted they sleep in the R.V. in air conditioned comfort. Big Bend is noted for the awesome star gazing, since there is no light except the moon and WOW! DID THE STARS FILL THE HEAVENS AFTER SUNSET. I wish I could have photographed the night sky, but I'm sure if you google the park, you'll find some photos. We hiked some easy trails and a couple more difficult, but nothing extreme. The canyons were awesome and if I ever go back, I'm doing the float trip down the river. We saw a bear at the Chisos Lodge area and the photos that look like horns are called the Mule Ear Mountains. I thought we could have this great time meeting with the Lord, but I must confess, that as usual we were on the go all day, and after cooking supper and taking much needed showers we only spent a short period actually praying and reading the Word. But we saw God and acknowledged God in His wonderful creation and spectacular views during the day and also at night. Creation declares the Glory of God, so I guess we did meet with God and some of His handy work.

No comments: