A DAY TO HONOR YOUR FATHER

Honor your Mother and Father. This is the only command God gave us in the Ten Commandments with a promise. If you Honor your Mother and Father, the bible says that it, meaning your life, will go well with you all the days of your life. Since my Dad died almost 20 years ago, I don't get the opportunity to Honor my Dad any more. My Dad accepted Jesus Christ as His personal Savior only weeks before he died. He had suffered a heart attack and I quit my job to nurse Him back to health. During those several months I was able to Honor Him by what I would call a small sacrifice by being there through the rehabilitation period. We would often watch Charles Stanley on T.V. together and Dad liked the practical messages He often gave about having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Dad saw the change in my life, though I wasn't by any means perfect, and I often spent time sharing from the scriptures about His need for Christ in His life. Dad was a good if not great Man, so trying to convince Him that He was a sinner and needed the forgiveness of the One that paid the penalty for His sins was not an easy task. One night He wasn't feeling very well and as I knelt by His bedside and prayed for Him, I think , no I know, that the Holy Spirit opened His eyes of understanding for His need for Jesus Christ. A few days later He boldly made the statement / question Jesus is God Isn't He? I should have said yes Dad, but flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father in heaven, but I didn't. I simply said yes He is and we prayed together and my Dad sealed His eternal destiny to spend all time and eternity with the One that Honored His Father by leaving His throne in heaven and walking on this sin filled dusty earth and died on a cruel cross, beaten and bloodied by "our" sin debt that we could never pay and was placed in a borrowed tomb where He layed for three days and after the time foretold, He was raised from the dead with the exact same power that raised my Dad from the dead the day we prayed together and the exact same power that has raised every other person that has placed His or Her trust in that wonderful act of Honor that Jesus portrayed. I wish my Dad was alive to see the great things that God has entrusted Paula and Me to do with our remaining days on earth, helping the poor and making a difference in peoples lives. I often wish that we could enjoy just one more golf game together, I think of Him every time I play. I wish we could pray together again, and sit and watch Charles Stanley eating bridge mix together. Oh how blessed you are if you still have time to share with your Dad, so I would say, that if you still do have the time, Honor Him, maybe even take Him golfing, or fishing or whatever, and I promise you, no God promises you, it will indeed go well with you and you will enjoy long life!!!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER, YOUR AWESOME!!!!

No comments: