WE COULDN'T DO ANY OF THIS WITHOUT YOUR GIFTS THANK YOU!!!!!!

We have been so terribly busy the last few weeks, it's been hard to get a handle on everything that is going on. We finally got everything out of Angie and the kids house, the women from church cleaned it from top to bottom and I got the last of things out of the garage today. Now I just need to get all this stuff across the border and into the hands of the people that Angie wanted to bless. It is surreal to know that they are gone. We pray Gods comfort and favor be on them as they start their life in S.C. They forgot a whole bunch of camping equipment, so I think Paula and I will take a little detour through South Carolina on our way to Chicago next month.
   We had our monthly food and clothing outreach last Saturday and as usual, it was awesome. I turned the microphone over to some ladies that wanted to testify about Gods provision and goodness. They had us all in tears as they told their stories. There were 160 families and 200 kids that came for food. It really doesn't get any better than meeting at the community center, out of the sun and with plenty of room for every one to sit. It had been a long hot summer, I think we are 45 days in a row over 100 degrees. Carmelo is out of school for a few weeks and gave the message to the people. Many came for prayer that needed a touch of the Masters Hand.
   This Saturday, we will have our very first wedding and reception at the Community Center, when Zacharias and Carmela get hitched. Tommy and Blanca were supposed to as well, but they didn't meet with Pastor Victor except twice, and Victor asked them to wait until they completed the marriage course. They have been shacking up for five years, so a couple more months is not going to be the end of the world, OR WILL IT?
    So as far as the "ice bucket challenge" goes, I think it has been an incredible way to raise awareness of ALS and raise funds, I wish I would have thought about it first. I did the challenge, but I said "crap" while the video was still running and Paula wouldn't let me post it. But I gotta say, My donation went to help the poor, because where your treasure is your heart will be also, and our hearts beat to help the poor, so sorry ALS.

No comments: