BUILDING THE KINGDOM FEEDING THE HUNGRY

    A couple of weeks ago, Rick Caywood Ministries dropped off twenty thousand pounds of pinto beans, bought and donated by Gary and Diane Heavin. This couple buys and distributes hundreds of thousands of pounds of beans and rice every year and sends a lot of it to Haiti. They are now getting involved more with ministries like ours that distribute food here in Texas and Mexico as well. Since I didn't have the room at the time, Rick dropped the beans off at The Way of the Cross Ministries in Harlingen, so I have to go and pick them up. Yesterday I took the van that Laharpe Christian Church donated to us, because it has an electric brake activator for the trailer brakes. It was quite a load on the van, but I made it safely back home. Next time I'll take the F350 Super Duty Diesel truck that was donated to us this past February by the Power Ministry. Are you seeing a pattern in this story? I'm blessed just by writing it. Seeing just how Great God has been to us. Donated trucks, beans. rice, money, everything we need to do the work of the Kingdom. And it's just as God promised us over 8 years ago." Leave everything and come follow me, and all these other things will be added unto you".
     So while I was sitting at home last night, Joe Warner texted me the picture of the combines up in South Dakota, harvesting the pinto beans Joe grows for us every year. I talked to him last week and he said the beans were just about ready to be harvested. He also shared with me about a company that hires themselves out to harvest crops for farmers, and it ain't cheap. Well these guys contacted Joe after hearing that he grows pinto beans to feed the poor in Mexico and offered to harvest the beans for free. Yea for FREE. He never asked anyone, but he shared with a few farmer friends that he had planted twice as many acres of beans this year to feed the poor, and the word got back to these custom harvesters and they sought Joe out to help with the harvest. Praise God!! When you get involved with what God is doing, He will get involved with what your doing!!
    So lets recap the last 24 hours, I picked up some of the 20 thousand pounds of beans donated to us, and then Joe lets me know that they are harvesting the beans on his farm and we'll probably get another 88 thousand pounds of beans, so that's 108 thousand pounds of beans plus the 19 thousand pounds that Power Ministry donated last month, to go along with the 30 thousand pounds of rice we have left from the 42 thousand pound we bought in August. Thats 157 thousand pounds of beans and rice and you get 14 meals out of every pound, that comes out to 2.2 million meals. Yea I think we can feed a few people.THANK U LORD!!!!
     I'll let you know how God provides the transportation money for the beans, we'll need about 7 thousand dollars to transport them. Pocket change for the God of All Creation.

No comments: