So Joanna calls me last week and asks me to get Scott to come over to our house across town on a Friday night so she can set up the Surprise party for him. The only way I could think of to get him over is to order some tires from him. So I ordered tires for my big truck and for one of the vans. I didn't really need them yet, but I will one day. Scott came and also helped me unload all the donations we brought back from Chicago, Oklahoma and Texas. The surprise was a huge success.And we enjoyed the evening with His family and friends. Scott and Joanna called me yesterday while we were in Mexico and told me they had purchased another 70 soccer balls for us.
    With our Christmas toy outreach in Mexico next Sunday, Thanks to Curtis and Brandy Adams from Ky. We needed to get more toys and soccer balls, so Paula bought all the ball that two local Walmart's had, and filled her little car with 70 balls and 100 bottles of shampoo. We took them to Mexico yesterday and we stopped at the border to claim them and pay whatever tax we needed to pay, and the man came over and looked at all the balls in the truck and asked what we doing with so many soccer balls and we told him that we were giving them to poor children that probably won't get a present at Christmas. He told us to go ahead without paying any tax. Thank You Lord for Favor!!
     As Paula and her sewing class were cleaning the Community Center yesterday, I loaded up some plywood to take it to Jorges house so he could paint it. I dropped it off and turned to head back to our place when the Holy Spirit told me to turn around and go visit Elio and Maria and see how she was feeling, after I took her to the doctor the other day with some stomach pains. Well the stomach pains turned out to be birth pains and they have a precious little girl. They didn't have a crib or bassinet, or nothing to put the baby in, so I drove back to our place and picked up a crib we had, and the girls from the sewing class dug through their quilts to find a perfect one for the baby. So I took them the crib and the blankets and they had already cleared a spot for the crib. I should have taken a picture of that room. Two beds, side by side and the crib filled the whole room. The kids that sleep on the back bed, have to walk over the front bed. Soon they will have a new house. I asked the name of the baby and they didn't pick one yet. So I suggested Paula, Martina. After me and Paula. They kinda like it, so the full name will be Paula, Martina, Torres Sanchez.
     I stopped and visited three other families  before I headed back to the Community Center. So Many needs out there and eventually Lord willing, we will get them all in a warm dry house.
    There's a real good chance we won't get Christmas cards out in the mail, but we might get a few. If you don't get one from us, don't be offended, rejoice that we are so busy chasing after Jesus and what he's called us to do, we don't have time to do anything else. Thanks for your prayers, support, and most of all understanding.

No comments: