I'M JUST SAYING, IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS AND HIS LOVE FOR PEOPLE

  The last several weeks have been, to say the least an awesome example of people expressing their faith by their deeds. James tells us that if you show me your deeds, it will tell volumes about your faith. Having two high school groups back to back showed us a lot about their faith. 100 degree temps, humid, sweaty, and not one complaint! From them anyhow. I'm sure I complained once or twice. But these kids and their leaders get it! They are not " pew pigs", just going to church every week so they can hear the Word and then figure out where to go for lunch. They are putting their faith into action and " DOING" Gods Word, as does every group that comes to "Spend themselves" on behalf of the poor.
   We have actually been confronted by people that think we are "casting our pearls before swine" by helping the poor in Mexico and around the world for that matter. I am more convinced than ever that we are doing what God wants us to do. Missions Changes the people that come to help, just as much as it helps those we minister to through Good works. When I look around the colonia and see all that God has done through all the people and churches that support us, I am amazed. hundreds of homes built, over six miles of water lines installed to get fresh clean water to hundreds of families. Hundreds of thousands of meals given out with our monthly food outreach, thousands of bibles, tracts and aids to spiritual growth. God is up to something and a great shaking is happening in the spiritual realm. He is shaking everything that can be shaken, including the church!
    The group that was here last week, for the very first time, from Sunset Presbyterian Church, Portland Oregon just sent me an email to book another trip with another team next March. The experience they had here changed them all and now they want to come back. I'm sure it's for Paulas cooking. So as I read the book someone gave me" when helping hurts" pray for me because I go in with a pre conceived notion that the help we are doing is not hurting anyone, but giving them a dry, weatherproof home, and a small amount of food every month. But I could be wrong!  WHAT!!!
   

No comments: