IS THERE ROOM FOR THE KING???

  Friday night we attended our churches annual Christmas musical. Orchestra,  Drama, Scripture reading, and Glorious songs of the season. The theme was is there room in your heart for the King? It was a time of preparing our heart for Christmas .
   I'm like most people, stressing about all we need to do. But I've found the best way to release the stress is through generosity.  God gave us Jesus. The best he had to offer. We bought 125 soccer balls, and today I'm going to buy 100 blankets to take to the "Paper City" in Saltillo. A community of cardboard houses.
  Today we have our Sunday school class Christmas party. We've chosen to bless Melodys Orphanage in Reynosa. Every child will be getting gifts. Jaime and his family are coming over to meet our class and receive the gifts. Paula and I had lunch at the orphanage yesterday for lunch. I asked Jaime what the orphanage could use for all to enjoy. A pool table, foose ball table, ping pong, a big flat screen tv, we're the things he mentioned. We'll get them one of them.
  Giving is God's way of receiving.  Be generous with your money. My Christmas challenge, take a look at how much money you have. I mean the money you could access at any time. Not your IRA, or retirement money. Just your liquid assets. Now pray and give 10% away.
  Is there room in your wallet for the King?

No comments: