OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES

  Last Thursday the 82 men from Power Ministry arrived. We spent Friday in Matamoras with the students from Magdiel Bible School. Saturday a team was assigned to help us with the monthly food outreach. The afternoon was spent at Children's Haven Orphanage in Reynosa where Power puts on a huge carnival for the community .1300 people came and I had a blast manning the bean bag toss game. 3 hrs to cross the border every day. What a mess.
  Sunday morning we headed to Alliansa Mega Church in Reynosa for the 9am service. I was feeling a heaviness in my chest and had the guys in my van pray for me. I felt better immediately.  Devotions, and worship, and communion was enjoyed before the service. We were up on stage during the worship time. I was given the opportunity to share from the pulpit for a few minutes.
  Lunch was supposed to be at the Community Center in Nopalera,  but it had rained all night so we switched venues for lunch. I was able to share with the team our story, they gathered around me and prayed over me. I shared about the feeling of a heart attack that morning. Another 3 hr border crossing and 6 hour drive to Del Rio .  Crossed into Acuna Mexico the next day and formed and poured a handicapped ramp. I got extremely tired while shoveling the concrete and pain in my left arm. I just prayed for Satan to take his hands off of me. Another 2 hour crossing. That night a great steak dinner, and a time of worship and the Word. I felt wierd again and told a few guys. I had a hard time falling asleep and the morning I told the leaders I didn't want to go to Mexico that morning. I needed to go to the hospital. The guys anointed me with oil, prayed over me and I just relaxed for a while. An hour later , Dave and Louis took me to the hospital. They hooked up the EKG machine and took blood, all looked normal. After an hour or so the pain in my arm hot extreme and I threw up, and was having a heart attack. Wow!!! I was a code blue and a flood of people entered the room. They started all these procedures, injection of nitroglycerin and something else to dissolve the clot causing the attack. Dave and Louis sent word back to the team to pray for me now!!! Within minuets all pain was gone and I was instructed I was being transferred by helicopter to San Antonio. After a cool, but uncomfortable ride in the chopper, I was in surgery immediately upon landing on the roof. A stint was placed in my "widow maker" artery. It was 99% blocked, and I almost died. God had orchestrated all the circumstances to keep me around A while longer.
  Paula was notified of the situation and left her sewing class in Mexico and Shawn and Carla , Sergio and China came with her. It's a 4hour drive to San Antonio. While they were driving, Kristin and Kelly were making arrangements to fly to San Antonio.
  Some friends of ours in San Antonio  we're at the hospital when I landed and have been a blessing to us. I think I'm being released today. Social media has it's place, and it mobilized an army of people praying for me, and I documented a lot of it on Facebook. So thank you for your prayers and support.













No comments: