FINALLY, FAMILY TIME

It's been 7 months since we saw our kids and grandchildren. Way too long!! We left Texas and spent some time at a friend's house in S.C. before traveling to Kentucky to visit Shawn and Carla Estes for a day. We arrived in Illinois just before Easter and enjoyed the time with family friends. Lea turned 5 in February and she is just the cutest. Paula and I took Lea to a farm to see animals and the Bunny. It was chilly but fun. 
  We hated to leave, but Paula had to fly home, and I headed to LaHarpe, IL to rent a uhaul trailer to haul the 400 shoe box gifts donated by LaHarpe Christian Church and a few others in the area. What a blessing they will be on April 30th and May 1st when we'll give them out in Mexico 🇲🇽.  After spending the afternoon eating some steaks at the Days house, Rick Balmer graciously brought the uhaul trailer to the church and a few guys helped load it. I spent the night at the Balmers and headed out Wed morning.  I made it to Oklahoma city in time to get measured for my 3 teeth. I got home Thursday afternoon. 
  Early Friday morning I got up out of bed too fast and blacked out hitting the bed post and faceplanted on the tile floor 😴. I broke my nose, busted my lip, and had a few gashes on my head. Testing at the hospital was all negative, but they kept me there 11 hours to make sure. I'm fine.
  While we were gone for a few weeks,  ministry continued. Jaime traveled to the mountains of Chihuahua Mexico where he lived for 10 years. He blessed a lot of people with food, blankets, bibles, and the Word of God. Andres took his whole family to Tampico and gave out food, blankets and soccer balls.  Sergio was also at work removing the decal on our truck, and it looks great. We received several unexpected donations while we were gone and are looking for more outreach opportunities, we never have to look to hard!!!
  Blessing to all that support the ministry and we look forward to seeing what God has next.

No comments: