Mucho Calor

The thermometer in our little house in the colonia read 107 today. We bought and delivered the blocks and the bags of cement yesterday for the foundation at Clamente's lot. Carmelo, Beto Paula and I and about 2000lbs of materials in the back of my 1/2 ton pickup. It was really loaded and I promised myself not to do that again. I'd rather pay the 30 bucks for the delivery! I broke the straps on my gas tank when we bottomed out on those beautiful smooth roads in the colonia. Beto wired it up and I bought some used ones today and they put them on for me. When we crossed the border last night, the border patrol guy probably saw the wire holding my gas tank and they made us park and ran a dog thru the truck, inside and out. I guess they thought it may have been tampered with but did not ask us any questions and let the dog do thier talking. Oh well, it was the first time in almost a year they searched the truck. We cross the border almost every day, it's nice to know that they do thier job. Beto is a good friend and helps with all our ministry in the colonia.His is the house we are going to disasemble and give to a smaller family and build him, his wife Lucy,and thier kids Juell, Rosita,and Becky a new house. Beto hasn't told his wife yet, so it can be a suprise. Pastor Victor will probably be in Monterey for three more weeks with his Son Eliel and the cancer treatments. It's going to be hot while we build these homes

No comments: