WORK DAY AT THE HOME FRONT AND DATE NIGHT

Yesterday Paula and I worked out butts off in the yard, on the roof, and then enjoyed a huge Mexican style hamburger at Big Daddys in Pharr. I had to cut the acre of grass with a push mower, because the tractor is broken. All of the rain last weekend sprung a few leaks in the metal roof flashing, so I got that fixed as well. Sergio came over and changed the oil in all of our vehicles, what a blessing he is. We supply their ministry in Mexico with beans and rice, and he keeps all our vehicles in working order.
   It is always so busy right before we leave town for anything, and this week is no exception. We are in the process of pouring the foundation for Carlos and his family, and today Carmelo and the boys got it poured and were finishing up when we arrived. The wood will be delivered tomorrow and the boys will build their first house without us being there. I really believe, that as God continues to provide the funds for building homes when we don't have a team to build it, that these guys can handle it on their own.
   We are looking forward to our trip to Chgo, but it will be to short I'm sure. We changed our flight and are coming in a few days early and are planning on driving to western Illinois and help out with a building project for a very needy family in Oquaka, Illinois. The couple has been living in a tent on their property since their home burnt down several months ago. No insurance, no money and they are both handicapped as well, sounds like the perfect family to watch God provide for. And He is !!! God is always putting opportunities in front of His children to be a blessing. So often we pray, " O Lord bless me, bless my finances, bless my family, bless my children, bless my car, bless my house, bless my vacation, and give me travel mercies as I waste your money on stupid stuff. Well I say bless my ass!!! BE THE BLESSING!!! Don't ask for a blessing, ask to be used to bless others. Just as these servants are doing. You see a need , MEET IT, DON'T THINK, JUST DO IT. well maybe they deserve whats happening you say, or why don't they help themselves. No that's why God created you and me. If anyone wants to go with us and help, were going to leave early Tuesday morning and return that night. Remember who your dealing with, every thing is subject to change without notice! Give me a call- 708-528-4622.





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































   































No comments: