BROTHER, FATHER, GRANDFATHER,PATRIOT,SOLDIER,CHRISTIAN

Yesterday we buried a great man, my brother Bill aka "Burn" aka " Wah". William Andrew Hepburn,  my only brother by birth and one of billions of brothers in Christ. The news of his death came suddenly and this week was an emotional roller coaster. I'm so glad he was a Christian, but so sad that he leaves his two kids Billy 33 and Meagan 31 and 5 grandkids behind to mourn the loss of the one they loved so much. We all loved him even though we didn't see him all that much.
   Yesterday during the memorial service many people stood to call out the best of my brother. The Pastor called it naming and we heard from several people including myself. I called him brother , and generous, and caring about others. Others called him friend, Father, defender, servant, adventurer, traveler, and no one said it, but it could be said of all of us, sinner!  Yea my brother was a filthy rotten sinner just like me and just like you. He had his sins, I have mine and no doubt you have yours, but thanks be to God that Jesus Christ washed us as white as snow. Burn is in heaven, with the Lord and that's awesome. I personally had the pleasure of kneeling down on the ground with my brother and prayed a prayer with him sealing his eternal destiny, as he placed his faith and trust in Christ and Christ alone for his salvation. So the last several days have been tough and great all at the same time and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and words of encouragement. We couldn't get through these tough times without the body of Christ ministering to us. How do lost people cope with tragedy and loss?

No comments: