WARNING !!! SERVING CHRIST CAN BE HABIT FORMING

   After dedicating the house last week, the entire  " mature" Carpenters Crew took Paula and Me out to the Last Supper, before mast of them left for the frozen tundra in Il, and Iowa. We had a great week together and all but one new couple has been coming every year for several years. You just can't not come after you have done it. Those that come on a missions trip one time and never come again, well lets just say that they didn't experience all that God wanted them to. It's the giving of oneself, and spending oneself on behalf of others that really captures your heart. I have spent time talking to some of these people and they are passionate about coming every year. Charles and Bob just can't get enough. They are 75 and 76 years old and today they spent 4 hours helping me and Roy dismantle a shed, load it on a trailer and then unload it at Roys place. It wasn't easy by any means, but that's why they are here for 2 months. Not to just get away from the cold, but to SERVE GOD.
    The large group of men is part of The Power Ministry. They have 3 weeks of intense ministry and building projects with three groups of 80 men flying in from all over the country. Doing ministry all along the border, mostly in Mexico. A different hotel most nights, a different building project every day, and a whole lota JESUS  going on. I had supper with the whole team the last few nights, and yesterday afternoon, they brought me 26 thousand pounds of rice, and helped me move shelves and stuff into my tool shed. How great is that !!!! It's an honor to know these guys. Visit them at Power Ministry. org or on Facebook Power Ministry. I'm hoping to spend a day or two building with them next week. Lord willing.
   So today after moving the shed, cutting the grass and trimming the palm trees, I called a supplier to order some windows for the next wave of building, I got voice mail and told him what I needed. Later this afternoon a friend calls and tells me her neighbor is building a new addition and has 17 old windows I can have. Oh no I thought, more junk to throw away. These windows are double hung with grids in the glass and screens too. One was broken a little so that's 16 good ones, guess how many I needed to order? 16. Guess who's calling and cancelling the order? And they are the exact same size we use 3 foot by 4 foot. Now who thinks God doesn't know every thing I need? I praised the Lord and literally cried on my way home. OH HOW HE LOVES YOU AND ME!!!

No comments: