AN EXTREMELY HAPPY NEW YEAR INDEED

   First off I would like to wish everyone a very Happy new Year! I don't know how you brought in the New Year, but Paula and I have been so blessed by hosting two special groups of people from Illinois. People choosing to lay down their lives for the benefit of others. We built and dedicated two houses since Dec. 31st. First the team from Moraine Valley Church built Miguel, Anna and Alejandra a home where we witnessed three people give their hearts to Christ. The next week, the team that we call Junkin 4 Jesus came and blessed Elio, Maria and their seven children with a house, new outhouse, and everything they would need to make their new house a home.
     Trying to sum up the last few weeks on this blog is almost impossible, but let me just say that indeed God has been glorified in the process. Such team unity, and love poured into the lives of the people in the Colonia, and the lives of those that came from afar. The presence of the Lord was evident as we got to connect with these two families. The times the younger adults shared with all the kids, the food and gift distribution, the pinata, the prayers of surrender to Christ, all made for another memorable outreach.
    The team worked especially hard to get the house built and dedicated in three days to allow me the freedom to get my eye operated on Thursday, when they could have continued to minister to the needs of the people in Mexico. Several people came to our house the morning of the surgery and " spent " themselves serving us by fixing our leaking roof, cleaning out and repairing the wall on the warehouse. They also did a lot of work at the facility they were all staying at. Servants in the most unselfish way.
    I had the surgery Thursday afternoon and while I laid on the surgical bed in the operating room, I asked the staff who would be praying before the operation? No one answered, so I told them all to bow their heads and I prayed for them, the surgeon, and the experimental procedure that they were performing that could one day help many other people. The next day on my post op exam, two of the women that witnessed the surgery made a comment about how lovely my prayer was and that was the first time anyone had been so bold to pray before the operation. So I guess thats why I'm going through this trail of my faith. To make Christ known and to make much of Him to the people at the eye institute.
    Carmelo and the boys in the colonia started building Jorges house the day after we all left. They almost have it finished and today We are taking them a couple of windows and a few other things to finish it up. More awesome servants in our midst!!!
     A VERY HUGE GOD BLESS YOU TO ALL THAT SUPPORT THE MINISTRY HERE, AND PRAY FOR US. THANKS FOR SEVERAL UNSOLICITED YEAR END GIFTS THAT WILL BE USED TO COMPLETE THE WATER LINES IN THE COLONIA.

No comments: