GOD DIRECTS OUR PATH, IF WE WOULD ONLY LISTEN

    Last Monday, Carmelo took the initiative to get a start on Jorges house and cut the rafters and studs. Tuesday I show up and tell him there is a change in the plan, AGAIN!! I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to build Miguel and Ana Marias house instead of Jorges while the Group From Moraine is here. I didn't even have the wood delivered yet. I wasn't planning on building that house until the end of February. So on Tuesday I go and load the wood in my trailer and take it all down to Miguel and Marias. I could tell Carmelo was a little miffed at my change at the last minuet. Heck the team arrives on Wed. and they are calling for rain all week, and cold temps. But God knew what was going to take place while we were there building the house. So Carmelo and a few other guys and I built the four walls of the house Tuesday afternoon and we asked the family to paint everything and we would come back on Thursday.
      I picked up The Davis family John, Carolyn, and their kids Alex and Emma, along with Roger Ault at the airport Wed. The cold was setting and and the rains started falling. By morning it was a steady drizzle and we had to get this house built before the big rains that were expected for Friday night and Sat. We grabbed a few other guys from the colonia and worked all day in the rain, got the roof on and the windows in. We were all wet and cold, but the family was gracious and made us tamales, soup and coffee. We pretty much forgot about the fact that it was New Years Eve. Paula made meat loaf and we had a great meal in Mexico before heading home at 10 pm. John and I spent an hour or so playing the guitar together. A hot shower when we got home and bed before midnight, yoo hoo party animals.
    Friday morning the rain was a little more of a steady drizzle. But we got er done and decided to decorate and dedicate that day as well knowing Sat could be a wash out. Well as we shared the Gospel with the family, oh not by words,but by loving actions, Ana Marie, her Mom Maria, and her sister Carmen all accepted Christ that night, that Holy Night, that Night so Divine for these precious souls that had an appointment with destiny and their eternal future was held in the balance. Had we not obeyed Gods change of plans for the week, what might have happened? We obeyed and God showed up!!!!

No comments: