IT SOMETIMES SEEMS WE LIVE IN TWO WORLDS, AND I GUESS WE REALLY DO

There is such a huge difference between life in the U.S. and life in the colonia in Mexico. Last week we spent our days building Vickys house, and our nights were spent in Mexico with Carmelo, Ruth, Caleb and Mimi, sharing a meal, laughing, watching the Mexican Novellas on t.v. drinking hot chocolate and eating sweet bread before bed time. Simple unassuming time spent doing what God has called us to do, lifting the poor from their conditions with whatever means we have. We have been spending more night in Mexico and we love it, more and more.
  As we finished the house on Friday, we decided to dedicate the house on Sunday afternoon, because we had our Church Sunday School party Saturday night at Ray and Rosies house in McAllen. So we attended the class party surrounded by absolute luxury in the most beautiful house that I had ever been in. If I could live in a house like that and still do what we do in Mexico, I think there would be a real battle in my heart to leave that every day and go to Mx to help the poor. But I'd like to try!! Just kidding, I don't think I could. Some people brought gifts to give the kids in Mexico, and we had a great time with way too much food. But it made me think of just how awesome our mansions in Heaven are going to be. If man could build something like this in a couple of years, can you imagine what the mansions in Heaven will look like after Jesus has been building them for two thousand years plus?????
   Sunday we went to Church and then Herb and Carol joined us to go to Mexico and dedicate Vickys house. We had a great time of worship and prayers of thanksgiving were lifted up for this wonderful blessing of a new home for Vicky. Again more food!!! a two hour trip home got us to church just as the Christmas Musical started.
   So, I'm reading through the book RADICAL again for the third or fourth time, I would challenge you to do the same. It grounds my heart as to what is "really " important. Risk is awesome when you risk everything for Christ, or almost everything I should say. I'm not there yet. Jim Elliott said" He is no fool who gives what He cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." So I invest what I have in the kingdom and get a return greater than anything this world can give. May that be our hearts this Christmas, invest in the kingdom, because this world is going down and soon!!!!
 

No comments: