IT'S HARD TO WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR BUT I WILL!!!

   As I sit in my warm house, typing on my computer, I know all of our friends in Mexico are feeling the effects of a very cold weather system that has gripped South Texas and Mexico. It's 43 degrees outside right now and I'm sure most of the people in the colonia are struggling to keep warm. Its cold and rainy which makes it even colder. We gave out hundreds of coats and blankets on Saturday, so I'm sure the people are thankful for that.
   Yesterday we took Roger, Chris and James to Progresso Mexico to get a few Mexican trinkets, and a few Cohibas. We then stopped by the local building supply store in Mexico so I could order some gravel for the section of road in front of our house and the neighbors. We also bought some chicken fresh off the grill and headed into the colonia to find Carmelo and Ruth making fresh corn tamales from scratch, my personal favs! We quickly ate the chicken before the first of three loads of gravel arrived. I called out a few of the neighbors to help spread the stone. It was some back breaking work, but well worth the $278.00 it cost me. I would guess, another $15,000.00 and we could do the whole road. Man would that be nice!!!
    While the tamales were cooking, we finished the work at hand and just waited kinda impatiently for the tamales to be done. Well worth the wait, mmm good. We headed back home about 7;30 and I took the boys to the airport this morning, so they could bring in the New Year with their families and friends. A great week of ministry, with a lot of laughs and good home made Mexican food.
   So as 2014 closes out, I can't help but reflect on all of Gods Goodness and Grace that has been poured out on us once again as we seek to do His will. At least 20 houses built , a Community Center, a new tool shed, 5 million meals worth of food given out, 1000 bibles, countless beds, and other household items, hundreds of coats, blankets and hats. We experienced the devastation of an enemy called cancer take my good friend David into the loving arms of Jesus way to soon.  We hosted one wedding, and saw many people come to faith in Christ. We will never know the impact this ministry has on the world until we get to heaven. So much of our food is given to other people that give it away to those in need. I could go on for pages tell of all the blessings we received this year and all the great memories made from the people that came to serve along side of us. My daughter Kelly was here for a few weeks, the Carpenters Crew, Moraine Valley Church, First Baptist Mcallen Tx,, Loni and Dave, Junkin 4 Jesus, and so many more. THANK YOU TO ALL THAT PRAY FOR AND SUPPORT US, we will all hear one day, " enter into to the place prepared for you, for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was needing shelter and you built a home for me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, i was hungry and you gave me food, for as much as you have done it to the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me"
   

No comments: