LONG JONS, IN MEXICO????

Now I know it's not as cold as back in Chicago, I watched the Bears last night, but I don't my long jons and turtleneck to go work in the colonia yesterday! It was about 40 degrees all day with a strong wind out of the north, by far the coldest day since we moved here. Paula, Raul and I started empting some things from the garage to take over to put in the new ministry house. We both got green lights so no problemo. Most of our friends were gone so we just started to work on the house, installing the rafters and roof purlins.Most of the work was up on the wall so it was really cold up there and soon Pastor Victors wife Erica invited Raul and me over for a cup of hot coffee. It took a while but we're ready for the roof and will do that today. Paula and some ladies emptied out our vehicles and sorted the clothes, shoes and other things. We are going to start giving clothes out tommorrow in the church and some left over packpacks from the fall. Two days to Christmas and I haven't set foot in a store all season. The Shongs called last night and arrived home to a house with no heat, so they get to experience colonia life, only a whole lot colder. Thanks again for coming and we'll see ya soon

No comments: