GODS' MARVELOUS FAVOR

FAVOR The dictionary defines it as an act of preference toward someone, a willingness to contribute to the the welfare of someone, some group or a certain cause, but I thought the definition of simply an act of kindness toward someone, expresses Gods heart toward what favor we experience in our Christian experience. Well, God acted favorably toward two more families last week as we finished and then dedicated Vickis' house with songs and praises toward the One that showed them FAVOR. Her Husband showed up while we were building the house and helped us out. He was pretty quiet all week, and I don't think he could figure out the why of what was happening. On dedication day, as we sang a few praise songs, Paula asked him if he knew any Christian songs to sing along with, and it was clear, that He didn't know Christ, let alone any songs. Paula and Pastor Victor shared with Him and Vickis' daughters about the Love of God and their need for Him in their lives. They all received the message and we now pray for Gods FAVOR in their lives. We had to give them a waiver on the man carrying the woman across the threshold because Vicki had a procedure done and her stomach was sore, so they entered the house in a more non traditional way of both walking. After the dedication, it was our turn to host the monthly Pastors reunion and we grilled about thirty pounds of chicken. I asked Pastor Procono if he had a word for us and He opened his bible to 2nd Chronicles 15 vs 5 where it reads" In those days it was not safe to travel in the land, for there was much violence and the land was in great turmoil. God had been troubling the nations and cities with every kind of distress. But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." He closed His bible and looked at me, and I began to cry, because we are always being asked why do you go to Mexico everyday? and aren't you afraid? And are you going to keep doing this even in the midst of the violence? That was a word for us from God and the answer is always ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I can't ever remember reading that passage, but as I sit here with my very first Bible in hand, I find that very verse highlighted from years ago.More of Gods FAVOR I guess, no I KNOW!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD!!!! You are my Hero!!!
A true Cristian Soldier. We pray for you .
Dan Block