TIME, MORE PRECIOUS AS WE AGE

I spent the better part of last week in Colorado visiting Kelly and Ryan at their place in Breckenridge up in the mountains. Although most of the surface snow is melted, the ski hills are still busy even in the warmth of spring. A few more weeks and most of the resorts will close down. Kelly and I stayed at a friends condo up on the mountain and had some awesome Daddy/Daughter time. Tears fill my eyes even now as I type this. We prayed, and talked and cried and shared with each other and even took a 400 mile one day road trip to visit the sand dunes in southern Colorado. Just me and Kelly. While the dunes were cool to see, the time we spent driving there and back was better. The kids hit a little bump in the road as life seemed to push their relationship with Jesus to the back burner and Ryans Dad Jim and I dropped everything and went to them to see if we could help. All I know about this life is that Jesus is the answer to all of life's questions and all we could do is point them to the only ONE that could meet every need and fill every void,JESUS CHRIST, THE PRINCE OF PEACE, THE KING OF GLORY, THE GOD OF ALL CREATION, OUR HEALER, OUR PROVIDER, OUR LIFE, OUR COUNSELOR,OUR REDEEMER,OUR FRIEND, AND OUR SAVIOR AND SO MUCH MORE. We left on Thursday and as we drove to the airport I couldn.t help but to Thank God that He has given our Kids the opportunity to be all God wants them to be and to fulfill their God ordained destiny, as they learn to keep God first place in their life and everything else will flow from Gods hand into their life. Our God is indeed the God of second, third and even fourth chances. How about you? Do you need another chance with God? I know I left there committed to seek God more than I have and to expect God to show up and do great things as I do. I had left my truck and trailer at the airport in San Antonio and upon returning there, I drove 3 hours north to pick up about 5000 pounds of food grade corn to feed the hungry,that had been put in 5 gallon buckets and then drove all night to get home to see my bride.A great time In Colorado and time well spent with part of the family, I'd say it was a priceless time!

No comments: