ALMOST DONE AND READY TO HIT THE ROAD

As the third and FINAL (for now anyhow) water tower rises above the dusty road, the problems that have hindered this tower are a distant memory. I have been struggling to get this tower built for a while and it's almost done. It has been indeed a thorn in my flesh. The owner of the lot kept putting restrictions on how high, and how it was to be made and so on and so on, when I finally lost it and said that He agreed to help the colonia and His families water needs, and to change the game in the middle was not an option. I hired several men to build it and today we can put the tank on top, but we can't fill it until the concrete cures for at least three weeks. I stepped out of my calling to build houses and help people in the Mexico and the water project has been a challenge to my heart. An instruction from God followed by obedience always brings blessings, so I'm glad to that I did it and look forward to God blessing the people with a constant flow of water. It's not easy saying yes to God, but if we do, He blesses our yeses!! Paula and I are trying to figure out when we will head to Chicago, we are worn out and the heat is on down here. 100 every day. With three cats that will need to be fed and watered, it's not just jumping in ole' Bessy and leaving. We also need to prepare the food outreaches before we go and get beans and rice to all the ministries we supply food to that take it to their outreaches in Mexico. We visited one of the ministries that we supply food for last week when they handed out the beans and rice we give them. It was cool to see how God uses the resources He entrusts to us to touch people we will never know. How about you? How are you using the resources God has entrusted you with to help those in need?

No comments: