RADICAL LIVING, RADICAL GIVING

I don't know about anyone else that has read the book Radical, but I so much more enjoy living Radically than just reading about it. When you read a book like that and it doesn't change the way you live your life, then I would have to say that the things of this world have blinded your eyes that you can not see. The money for this house and the load of pinto beans I just ordered, came from a generous heart that made a sizable donation at our church and the funds are to be used to help the poor. He got it! We studied the Radical book at church and this person was Radically changed. I'm trusting God to have our paths cross, I love hanging with Radical people, that can let go of the things of this life for the benefit of others.We had a blast building Marias' house Monday and Tuesday, even though it was 95 degrees. Isaac and Carol Heppner from Manitoba came, as well as Mario and Sergio, Lee from our church came yesterday, and of course Carmelo, Eliazar, and Johnny were there as well. A two day build, I kinda like getting done in two days, but we still have to decorate and dedicate it on Friday. That's when Marias kids can be there to carry their Mom across the threshold. After working in the heat all day yesterday, I came home, showered, and hooked the trailer up to the R. V. and headed 350 miles up the road to Colorado Rice Company in Eagle Lake Texas to pick up the two tons of rice that was donated. I slept in Eagle Lake and got loaded at 7 am and was home by 1 pm. It's nice to travel with your bedroom right there with you. So we have 19 thousand pounds of rice on hand, 8 thousand pounds of beans in Brownsville Tx I need to go and get and I just got an e-mail that the load of beans from Canada will be here next week, not to mention the 5 skids of produce that we have run through our fingers since last week. Today a whole tote of fresh onions, I'll leave them outside until they go to Bethany Church tomorrow and the 300 people that come for food there will empty the bin.

No comments: