THE RAINS ARE GONE, THE SUN HAS COME OUT

   The remnant rains from Hurricane  Patricia devastated a good portion of Texas over the weekend. The people in the colonia spent Friday getting ready for flooding rains. It all started Saturday and lasted until Sunday morning. We got a few inches of rain while the town just East of us got over 10. Some roads are still closed this morning. It was a miracle that no deaths were reported in Mexico when the cat 5 storm hit the west coast of Mexico. Now the sun is out and the humidity is very low, it feels so good!!!
     Last week Carmelo and Ruth put the finishing touches on Mimis bedroom/ bathroom. It has taken quite a while, working on it when able , but it is beautiful, complete with dolphin tile on the walls. Carmelo did most of the detail work, tile, floor tile, drain, pretty much everything. We framed it in August when my cousin Brenna was here, man that was a while ago.
    Paulas sewing and quilting class is officially two days a week now, thanks to the pressure of the ladies to make it available for an extra day per week. They have made some really pretty quilts and they are available if anyone wants to buy one and help these women make a small income from their labor of love.
    I've spent the last couple of days getting all my bookkeeping for the year up to date. I'm such a procrastinator, I'm going to do my taxes on time this year!!! No more extensions, no more lengthy phone calls to my accountant in Chgo trying to figure stuff out. She has me doing the books the way the IRS wants them done and I just got a bill from her for $1400.00. OUCH!!! She always charged me 200 to do my taxes and gave us a $100 donation every year, but this is crazy. I did all the work to make it easy for them and still got charged $300 per quarter plus the $200 to do the taxes. #timeforanewaccountant.
    Do you know how we wait on God to do something that you have been praying for, and just when your going to make a decision and take matters into "your own hands" God shows up????? I've got to say that it's God because Satan does not tell people to give us large amounts of money for the ministry, it has to be God. Every week for years we have been sharing about how God provides for the poor through many many different people that support our ministry and surrender their finances to the Kingdom. The only wise investment by the way!!! Well yesterday two different couples from church gave us enough money to build a house for a poor family, and enough to transport one of the four truck loads of beans from S.D. to here. GOD SHOWED UP!!! We didn't ask, nor would I ever!!! God knows the needs and The Holy Spirit prompts people to give. Honestly, I have been wrestling in my heart to find a church that challenges people to experience the joy and provision, found in reckless, and hilarious giving to help the poor and TRUSTS GOD!!! I want hang with like minded people, that we can share stories about how God provided, after He saw our faith and gave sacrificially. I think we just met a few!!! WHEN YOU CAN WALK AWAY FROM MONEY, YOU'VE TAKEN A HUGE STEP TOWARD THE HEART OF GOD.

No comments: