THE HEAT DIDN'T STOP GOD BLESSINGS FROM FLOWING

I posted about the family that lost their house in a fire. Yesterday we built the whole house in 100 degree temps. Some men from Mission Sende De Vida came with Sergio, Andres, Jaime and me to help build it. David got deported 6 months ago after serving some time in jail. He had his own business as a contractor. He was a huge asset to us. He's young and a great carpenter. We got the whole house built by 5pm. I thought I was going to pass out a few times.
Today I stopped by to help Sergio with the electrical work. We left yesterday with the house unpainted and the trim needed to be installed. They had it all painted, stairs built, porch over the front door getting built, and the electrical almost done. All I did was eat the fish filets the family bought to serve the guys. That was fine by me, because I'm completely shot after yesterday.
Andres and I went to Sam's Club in Reynosa to buy the food for Saturday's outreach. We even got some free cases of tuna, oil, jalapenos and corn flour. The check out clerk told me when we rolled up with three platform carts full of food, that we get 2 free cases of everything we're buying! It's nice to get something for free, even if I had to spend $1200.00 to get it.20 more families will get food Saturday.
Our Sunday school class at Calvary Baptist Church came over last Wed night and bagged up hundreds of bags of beans and rice, it's such a great time every time they come. We bagged enough for Calvarys food outreach and ours in Mexico.
The leaders from Sunset Presbyterian Church in Portland Oregon arrive tomorrow afternoon to explore the possibility of partnering with us more. Heck they had a team here in March, and another team is coming at the end of the month. I'd say that we're already partners! They've been a huge blessing to us and the ministry. We really appreciate their financial and prayer support.
Another huge thanks to all of you that support us and the ministry. Every check we get, is another opportunity to help the poor!

No comments: