I WAS HUNGRY AND YOU GAVE ME FOOD

As we drove thru the colonia yesterday afternoon a group of kids stopped us and told us they didn't have anything to eat.We went to their house and Mom showed us the empty shelve with nothing on it. We have seen her before at Pastor Juans church and also sweeping the road near the bridge by the toll booth. A little shack with 3 beds, her husband and 5 kids as well as another man in a wheel chair his wife and three more kids. 12 people in one little house!!! I told them we would be back later, I can't even take pictures of these families, I just don't feel right to ask them to let me take their picture. We drove right to the store and bought some beans, rice, oil and eggs. We prayed with them as we gave them the food that will last a week at best. I don't ever want to become insensitive to the needs here. We took more blocks to finish Antonio's house, mixed up some cement and helped Clemente install his windows and door on his house. We sat with Scott and Lisa at church today and the message was on taking a risk for God. Can God be trusted when you risk everything to answer the call to go. I'm so glad we have taken that risk. I talked to a good friend tonight and he asked me if we had any regrets, as we approach one year here? You just look back at the old posts on this blog and you tell me. Touch a life each day, it's easy to touch just one.

No comments: