A WEEK OF CHANGED LIVES

As the week comes to an end, we must also say goodbye to a friend in the colonia today, Catarino. I've written about Cata many times before. He was a man with a heart to help people and a real prayer warrior. He had a problem with alcohol and was often intoxicated. Cata passed away two days ago and today we will have a wake in the colonia. I pulled my best suit from the deep recesses of my closet and figured I would lay Cata to rest in a finely tailored suit that I seldom wear, it is the least I could do. As children walk the colonia searching for donations to pay for the funeral, you can't help but feel overwhelmed by the poverty. I say all that, not to take away from the awesome week of ministry and relationship building done by the team. You have to take a few minuets and read their blog. WWW.blog.worldserveproject.org and let them tell their story in their own words. It really is about relationships, not building something!!!

2 comments:

Dan Block said...

I praise God to know A man like you and to call you my friend. How it is as you once told me the person lying in the coffin is but rotting flesh. We are here for just a minute and gone.

Dan Block said...

I truely blessed to call you my friend. You told me once that the body in the coffin is just rotting flesh. We are here for just a short time and then gone.