IT'S REALLY NOT VERY MUCH FUN TO WATCH

While Alan, Roger, Patrick, Carmelo, Eliazar, Johnny, and a couple of kids from next door started building the house today, they actually made me sit in a chair and watch instead of helping. Their hearts were looking out for my own personal well being, after all I had my appendix out only five days ago. They all did an awesome job and like they all said, "they really don't need me" to build the house and they are right. They have all helped us build many exactly the same over the years. None the less, it's hard to just sit and watch, but after the two hour wait on the bridge to get to my doctors appt today, he basically gave me the green light to do whatever I felt comfortable doing after he checked my wounds and said they look great. I think I'll milk the no help law and let them build the whole thing without me. They got the four walls up and the loft built and that's usually day ones goal. It's great to have Roger here after last years open heart surgery cancelled his trip. Tears filled the eyes of all of us as Perla hugged and kissed Roger when we stopped there. She was so happy to see him. Paula and Lyneaa made us hot turkey sandwiches for lunch from a fresh turkey Paula made on Christmas. It's pretty cold here, today's high only 54 with a stiff wind out of the north. I hope it warms up, so I can beat Alan at golf in spite of my operation. Patrick is a friend from Calvary, visiting the valley for the holidays and accepted my invite to come to Mx and help us for the day. As it is with most first time guests to the colonia, Patrick was moved by the whole experience. He said he had never built anything before and was glad he came. It really does change your perspective on life when you see such drastic poverty and such happy people. Things don't make people happy, people make people happy, and I'm so blessed to be used by God to make a few people happy in this world!

No comments: