TWAS AND IS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

It is indeed the night before Christmas, Paula is busy preparing dinner for tomorrow and I'm still on the mend from my surgery last week. All is quiet except in my heart. I'm thinking about those that saw the stars shining so brightly, when an angel of the Lord bid them greetings and challenged them to follow the star that would guide them to where the God of all creation would be lying in a cattle food trough. Can you imagine? God came down in the form of a baby, born out of the immaculate conception of the virgin girl. GOD CAME DOWN!! He came to us, because we would not go to Him, nor could we. Nothing in us wants to go to Him. Nothing in us desires to know Him. Nothing in us seeks the only One that has all the answers to all of life's issues. Oh night divine. That He would come down to rescue this rebellious heart and draw me unto himself. What if I would have said no? What if the poor shepherds would have said no? What if Joesph would have said no, even more, what if Mary would have said no? Could she have? Could I have? Could  the shepherds have said no? Could anyone who has ever really had an encounter with the divine said no? I'm of the persuasion that when humanity comes in direct contact with the divine, that we do just as the song says, Fall on our knees. When the love of God shines into our stubborn hearts and we realize just how insignificant we are in light of who He is, worship is the only response. The road after an encounter with the divine is merely the test of what you experienced and believe. I believe that all my sins have been taken away by the God that came down! I believe that the God that came down has a plan and a purpose for my life and yours, and we need to strive to find it! I believe that finding it is pure gold, and we can be used by the God that came down to make a difference in peoples lives. I believe that God came down again when the Holy Spirit entered into His creation to dwell for ever, sealing us for all time! I believe I'm going to be different this year, I want to be different this year! I want to spend more time on my knees and quit taking for granted so great of a salvation. I would like God to come down again and take all of us believers home, but there are so many that haven't experienced the God that came down. Revival starts with one heart and one purpose, to make the One that came down known to others. He's not a baby in a manger, HE IS THE GOD OF ALL CREATION THAT CAME DOWN TO TAKE AWAY THE SIN OF UNBELIEF IN THE WORLD.

No comments: