THE BLESSING AND THE BEANS

   We finally started Carlos and Virginia's' house after they had torn down the old one. Unfortunately for them, the rain started yesterday and hasn't let up much since. I'm sure the guys got some of the foundation done, but Carlos and his family are going to be staying at the neighbors for a while. It will be several days before we can get the ready mix truck in there, and they are calling for rain every day next week. Oh well the fact remains that the family is getting a house, just as soon as we can get it built, and that's the blessing. Carlos accepted Christ as his Savior back in January when the Carpenters Crew (mature team) built a house for their neighbor. He had helped us all week and on dedication day, he bowed his head, and his knee and got saved!!! If it keeps raining, Carmelo, Zacharias, and Tommy will have to build the house alone because Paula and I are leaving for Chicago  in a week or so. If the rain keeps up, we might change our flight and leave earlier.
    Our two truck loads of beans were picked up by two Wal-Mart trucks this week in North Dakota and should be here pretty soon. Well not here meaning our house, but delivered to The Way of the Cross Ministry in Harlingen because I didn't know when they were coming and besides, we gave one whole truck load to them anyhow, so it made more sense to have them both delivered there. You don't want to make it hard for the trucking company that just donated 7 thousand dollars worth of transportation services. Yep that's right, Wal Mart donated the transportation. So lets see if I can blow your mind concerning Luke 6 vs 38, AGAIN!! "GIVE, AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN BACK TO YOU". I got a call from Ken in Chicago from Hope Development, a like minded ministry, feeding the poor and spreading the gospel all over the world. He asked if I had any money to buy some very cheap beans in N.D. He said it would be $ 6600.00 dollars per load. I said it would take quite a while to raise fourteen thousand dollars, plus transportation. He said if I could raise the money for one load, he would donate the other. Well Praise the Lord, I can do that. I already had about 5 thousand dollars saved for beans, and surly God can provide the rest!! I called Ben at The Way of the Cross Ministry and asked if he needed any beans? He said he didn't have any and they are planning a Celebrate Jesus Fest in Nov and would need beans for the 30 thousand people that will come. I told him that I would like to donate a whole truck load to his ministry, Silence!! Then I told him about the buy one get one free offer, and he would be blessed with the free load of beans and I would pay for mine. I asked if he had any money for the transport and he said he did not, but he would call our mutual friend Bob and see what he could do and wouldn't you know, Bob called his contact at Wal- Mart and walla more of Gods Favor!
    I called Ken the other day to tell him that the beans were picked up and on their way here. I also inquired about our paying for the one load. I asked if he would wait and I'll see him in Chgo in a few weeks and give him a check. He asked if I had all the money. I said that between the donations we saved for beans and rice and money from our personal support that we had enough to pay for the beans. Ken said, " I'll tell you what brother, why don't I just send you a donation to cover the cost of the beans and then you can pay for them with my donation and use the money you have to build houses and spread the gospel!!!!! YOU CAN'T OUTGIVE GOD MAN, I'M TELLIN YOU!!!! I'M TRYING AND I CAN'T DO IT!!! So I sowed a whole truck load of beans into another ministry and God gave me mine for free as well!!!
 

No comments: