TRUSTING NOT TRYING

  I'm guessing it's quite normal to have some what of a pity party after going through a traumatic experience such as a heart attack. I guess I've been there a little lately. But in God's Word there is hope, encouragement, life, healing. There is now renewed hope. I feel great, my doc says I'm fine, the meds are working, so it is well with my soul and my health.
  The extraordinary bills from the hospitals, helicopter ride, doctors, surgeons, are to put it mildly, crazy!!!! Over $210,000.00!!! But I heard the other day on some Christian station, "GOD'S WILL, GOD'S BILL." Don't worry about your life, money, future. God has it all. Whew! That's good news!
  Last Tuesday we dedicated the house the guys in Mexico built for Miranda and her husband Ponce along with their baby Leila. We have built a house for 4 generations of that family over the years. That's what really moves my heart. It was a great celebration and a great job the guys did building it.
  Paula and I both went to a cardiologist Wednesday and we both need to take better care of ourselves.  We can't serve others if we're not doing what the doc said to us 3 years ago. He prescribed golf for my rehabilitation. Walking is the best exercise, so I might as well chase a ball as I walk.
  Tomorrow we have our monthly food outreach and I'll be able to thank everyone in the Colonia for the prayers on news of my heart attack . We thank all of you as well. I received so many texts and posts on social media.  It's kinda funny how an easy text or post replaced cards like the old days. I think I got 3 get well cards and hundreds of messages on social media. The Times have changed.






No comments: