NOW WHAT????

  I know that we are not supposed to carry any burdens. Jesus said to "come unto me, and I will give you rest". 7 years ago a man came here, upon the invitation of others to build a house for a very poor family in Mexico. God changed his heart and he developed a passion to help the poor on a much larger scale. He got saved and so did his wallet, 😆.  He wanted to build and fund an Orphanage.  He fell in love with Jaime and his family and through his efforts, we raised enough money to build Melodys Orphanage. Every quarter he would send enough money to support the orphanage. He shared his passion with others and many started supporting the orphanage. Providing for the orphanage on a continuous basis is a life long commitment so he set up a non profit charity Let Them Come Ministries.
   Just when everything was complete in building the orphanage and there were 8 kids in thier care along with 4 of thier own, The financier died suddenly while running on his treadmill. His family raised enough money to carry the orphanage through this past October. No support has been raised and Paula and I are left carrying the burden of supporting the orphanage. 
   The support we receive monthly for Mexico Missions is mostly going toward the orphanage, along with a few others that are sending support exclusively for the orphanage. There are now 16 kids and they have moved into a new facility in the country. We have given them a credit card to purchase food and clothes for the kids, gas for vehicles, and whatever else they need.
   Why am I telling this? Why am I venting? I guess I'm frustrated 😠, by what I perceive as not caring about these kids. But God who is rich in mercy will not let these little children suffer. They have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. They just love Jaime and Rosalba and the family they enjoy. Through some generous people we received some donations that will help the orphanage for a while. I sent Let Them Come Ministries a check for 10 Thousand dollars with this challenge.  If they can get matching funds to our 10K the check will clear, if not, it won't.  So my question is ?  Will you let The Holy Spirit show you how you can help? Maybe you can match what a couple missionaries can give? Maybe you can join us in supporting the orphanage.  
   In 15 years of ministry helping the poor, the orphan, the widow, I have never asked for $ for us. Just for others. And people have been gracious and generous. 
   So as we prepare to give out Christmas gifts 🎁 to thousands of kids and adults in Mexico, I'm getting free from the frustration because God knows that giving is so much better than receiving, in fact He guarantees that.  Merry Christmas if I don't post another time before Christmas. 
  

No comments: