SWINE FLU ? I HAVN'T SEEN ANY SWINE!!!

Because of the the outbreak of the flu, I thought about last Sunday when we were at the Rio Grande River baptizing new believers and remembered taking these pictures as we sat around eating lunch. Paula thought it inappropriate to put them on the blog, but I couldn't resist. These pigs just wandered up to us and were looking for a meal I guess. They walked around for a while and then took off. We are trying to heed the travel advisory, but I'm going over to the coloinia today to take one of our interns car to get fixed again. Julie is serving at an orphanage in Reynosa and staying here with us until the flu thing is gone. The orphanage is not letting anyone in or out, so she is stuck here with us. I'm sure I'll get the medical warning again at the border, but God hasn't given me a spirit of fear, but of peace.We are looking for opportunities here on the U. S. side for ministry because we have had every team that was schedualed to come this May and June cancel because of the violence in Mx and now the flu. We depend on teams coming to help in our efforts to fund various ministry needs and with no teams, there is no revenue. But we really enjoy watching God provide instead of trusting in the natural. We try to encourage the teams that have cancelled to still provide the funds for the house they were planning on building and we will build it, so we'll see if thats how God provides for these six families that were going to get houses and I had to tell them that it won't happen as we had planned but God will make a way AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't cast your pearls before swine flu