JUST DO IT, WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU!

A friend called me the other day and asked if We could stop by His office on our way to Mexico when we had the chance. Nothing urgent , He said He just wanted to give us a gift toward our work in Mexico and be a part of helping the poor with us. Now Iv'e been looking on Craigs list lately for a big used portable welding machine and just that morning had printed out some photos and the phone numbers of a couple of large welders/generator combos that are for sale and both of them were asking over $2500.00. I don't know anything about welders, so I thought I would wait until I could get someone with some knowledge to go and look at them with me. I always expect God to do abundantly more than I could ever ask for or imagine and had priced out a new Bobcat welder at a local welding supply store and they sell for $3200.00 plus Tax. When we stopped by my friends office, we chatted a bit and He wrote a check and slid it across the desk and I didn't want to look at it in the midst of our conversation. How much do you think it was for? I looked down at the check, so I could thank Him for whatever God had put on His heart to donate, and it was a check for $3500.00. I have Holy Ghost Bumps again just typing this. Tears filed my eyes as I shared about the need for the welder and He also had tears in His eyes as He realized how God had just asked Him to Give a crazy gift and He obeyed. You see, were not our own, we were bought with a price and everything we own is HIS. The blessing is for the giver and the receiver. I'm thinking God wants us to buy that brand new Bobcat welder, what do you think? Now we will have two used welders that were donated, and one new one with which we can run all of the other tools in the trade school because of the 11000 watt generator housed with the welder. The blessing doesn't come because I had a need, The blessing comes because I believed that God will meet the need.He already had, It was really just an exclamation point on what I knew to be true. Today I spent the morning shoveling caliche' in the 100 degree heat filling in the last hole by the new water tower. It was kind of a hazard for any kids that would be playing around it and it was supposed to have been filled in by the guys I paid to build it, but I guess they forget. After that was done, i had to go and buy some medicine for a sick baby and while we drove through the colonia, we handed out tons of diapers and baby formula to all that had need. Theresa just arrived from San Antonio with a van full of food and juice and milk for the orphanage Casa Mami in Reynosa, so they will take it over manana.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow! Praise the Lord! Thank you for sharing the good news about the welding equipment! He is so faithful.