TOOLS. TINY BABIES AND TIME

When I got an e-mail announcing a sale at Harbor Freight, a national tool outlet, I thought I could find some good bargains for the trade school needs, and before I left there, I had two carts full of welding supplies. Helmets, gloves, aprons, chippers and some much needed fireproof blankets to shelter the work stations. I also bought a few solar kits that were the cheapest I had seen. Saturday morning we left home at 6 am to set up for the food hand out yesterday. It's still dark at 6am, so I'm sorry if you have to go to work or school at that time everyday. At 6:45 we arrived to a line of about 50 people wanting to get first dibs on the clothes we would be putting out, as well as getting their number for the food. We have never run out of food, but I guess they think it just may happen and want to get a low number. After missing the last two food outreaches, it was good to see everyone and shake as many hands as we could. We started out by saying our condolences to the families that had lost loved ones while we were gone, 4 people stepped into eternity last month from the colonia and we had built houses for all but one family, so it was impossible to keep from crying. John 14 vs 15 through 24 was the passage I selected, "that if you love me you will keep my commandments and I will ask the Father and He will give you the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth" and how much God loves them. After the food and juice boxes for the kids were all gone, we had many requests for school supplies and backpacks from the people that we missed last week, so we were able to meet all of those needs as well. We had heard that Emeliano and Pearla had their baby on Friday and we just had to go and visit them. Emily was the probably the smallest baby I had ever held, only 4 pounds! How cute is that baby? Another child born into such poverty and she doesn't even know or even care for that matter. Spending a little time with the people is such a joy, we always seem to be so busy running around and building something, that just taking a little time to enjoy their special moments is what it's really all about.

No comments: