A SET BACK IS ONLY A SET UP FOR A BLESSING

As I opened the gate yesterday to watch Paula drive away and head to Mexico to give out food, clothes,and a message of hope to the people, I was a bummed that I had to stay home and find an eye doctor to see if the "plank " in my eye from Friday can be removed. I woke up with a little discomfort, but nothing like Friday when a piece of wood stuck in my eye. I looked in the yellow pages and found an optometrist open on a Sat. It was really a place to get fitted and examined for glasses. I told the receptionist about a piece of wood in my eye and I filled out the two pages of info. He said Oh you don't have insurance? No I said and He called the Doc as she was driving into work and She said she doesn't do wood in the eye removal and I should go to another Doc. The receptionist called another office and they said they could see me right away and the cost would be approx. $225.00. I said thanks but no thanks, I'll wait and see the Doc that doesn't do wood in the eye. WHY? Because I wasn't there to have something removed from my eye, I was there to encourage the doctor through my testimony about helping the poor. She ran several eye tests and found nothing in my eye, just a scratch from what had obviously been struck by something. Another test, a virtual MRI on my eyes, found some Macular Degeneration in my left eye, that explains the blurry vision in that eye. Upon completion of all the exams, she gave me some eye drops and asked that I wait a second and went to her office and brought me a check for the exact amount that I had spent buying oil, sugar and soap in Mexico just a few days before that, to be given out on Saturday. She said that she had been looking for an opportunity to help people with the resources God has blessed her with and Me coming to her office was a divine appt. And She also told me I didn't owe her anything for the eye exams and office visit, and only required a hug, which I gladly gave her as we both had tears in our eyes, knowing that a divine connection had just been made and the poor will ultimately be the recipient of the blessing. Jeremiah 22 vs 16 says " HE DEFENDED THE CAUSE OF THE NEEDY, AND SO ALL WENT WELL. IS NOT THAT WHAT IT MEANS TO KNOW ME? DECLARES THE LORD." So, ALL WENT WELL with my eye, ALL WENT WELL with Paula as she gave out the food yesterday to 175 families, ALL WENT WELL, last night when our Sunday School class came and we bagged up 4000 lbs of beans and rice for the poor. ALL WENT WELL. So a setback in my plans to partake in the distribution of the food in Mexico by getting a splinter in my eye was a set-up for a blessing from God. So don't be bummed out when things don't go exactly the way YOU plan, all the ingredients are not together yet, but when they are, ALL IS WELL!!

No comments: