Let the building begin

The progress on our first cement block house is going very well. By days end today the walls should be about five feet high all the way around, maybe more, maybe less. It started pouring rain here about an hour ago and I'm sure it's raining just six miles south of our house in Mx. so Clemente may have to stop working. He sure is excited about the new house.We picked up his front door and took it to Carmello's house. He will stain it this week. He stained his door and it looks so much better than paint, so he said he would stain Clemente's door. We stopped by Yolanda and Antonio's " house"in colonia Flores De Mayo on the other side of the canal. This is the other family that is going to recieve the second house paid for by our friends at Lakewood. Antonio is a cement worker also, so he is going to help Clemente build his house and in return Clemente will help Antonio build his. God sure is bringing in the right people for the job because I have no idea how to build a cement block house. I forgot the camera today, but Paula and I will go over there tomorrow after church and get some new pictures on our blog for your viewing pleasure. Scott and I went golfing with the owner of the Orphanage that him and Lisa are going to be serving at. It was nice to take some time off and play, I haven't been able to play that much as hard is that is for some of you to believe. I have truly been delivered from golf!!!! Paula spent the day sowing the curtains for the new house, and I forgot to tell her that the windows I bought were a lot bigger than usual. She only had one done so I wasn't in to much trouble. We took Andy, who is one of Sons of Salvation's missionaries to the airport. He flew in from Bejing, China where we had 25 people doing english classes for two weeks. He spent one day here and wanted to see our ministry sites in Mx. so we went to Rio Bravo Orphanage and the colonia where we build houses and had to sit for over an hour because it just flat out poured rain.Those houses we build are very loud inside when it rains, I had no idea of just how loud until yesterday. The kids really have a hard time with the noise, they get scared. I'll figure out some way to cut down on the noise, probably foam insulation or something. God Bless and Adios.

No comments: