Mucho Trabajo !!!!

When we arrived this morning, Clemente had already started mixing the mortar and pouring the top of the wall so we can build the rafters and put the roof on by Friday. A lot of work mixing cement on the ground, filling a bucket and handing it up to Clemente to pour into the forms. It took a couple of hours with 4 of us. We had to lay all the wood out in the sun to dry so we can paint it tomorrow, all this rain has soaked everything. We headed back to where Eliazar was waiting for the 8 loads of fill you see in the photos. The road is really bad for a good stretch and for 10 bucks load we felt we needed to do what we could to make it safe. We started to spread all the fill by hand and were wore out by time we finished one pile. It would take us days to move all this fill, so we ordered the end loader to come and spread it around. They said it would cost 60 or 70 dollars so I gave the colonia pres. Elva the money and suggested they collect a toll from everyone to pay for the fill and the spreading of it. They took my advise and most were willing to kick in a few pesos. I hope to get my money back today. As I sit here and type this morning I thought I would be in major pain from all the shoveling yesterday but God is good and no aches or pain. As I grabbed by coffee Raul asked if I was ok? I said yes and then thought, why should it be painfull to serve God? The joy of the Lord is our strength. My flesh would say no the next time something like that needed to be done. With all the rain you can see all the standing water around and we see the need for more and more houses so people can stay dry. When hurricane Dolly caused a few leaks in our house, we had the luxury of simply moving to another room, not so in a one room house. Paula and the girls really made our lot look good, we can't wait to build something there, our little shack in the blog photo leaks a bit and a mouse ran over my shoulder when I moved some stuff. I looked at Google Earth to see the colonia, if you go to Reynosa mx. you can follow the canal east to the Pharr bridge and see where we're working, on both sides of the bridge and canal. They are making a drawing of the colonia for the municipality to possibly get electricity next year. I thought I could Google it and print it out, we'll see. Thanks for the prayers, we need them and so do the people in the colonia.

No comments: