CAST ALL YOUR CARES UPON JESUS

I was just driving home from a run for office supplies at Staples, when I started feeling all stressed out and anxious about all thats' going to transpire in the next 40 days. We have people coming to build 6 houses, a huge community center on our lot in Mx, a Pastoral conference, Christmas for the kids in the colonia, Christmas for the Moms and Dads there, a food distribution, needing to get a lot of food, clothes and toys across the border, we need to send out a long over due news letter thanking all of you that support our work here, Christmas shopping, long lines on the bridge most days. Then I just called out to Jesus to help me cope. And do you know what I heard in my Spirit? Why are you worrying about tomorrow? Why are you trying to carry these many burdens, you think you have? Why don't you just relax and trust Me? Why don't you spend more time praising me instead of thinking about stuff that doesn't even concern you? I have equipped you to do what I've called you to do and you don't need to stress over something that you have no control over. Even as I type this, the peace of God that passes understanding is filling my heart and soul. I'm going to stop everything after I finish this post and put my headphones on with Julie Trues soaking music and shut up for an hour and be still. We all get where I am right now, don't we? Busy, busy, busy running around doing this and that and always the other, but we seldom do the Mary thing. You know, just sitting at the feet of Jesus and listening. Not running around like Martha. So I'm going to choose the better thing, for now anyhow! An hour, just one hour, I'll meet you there in silence and we'll all be better off for sure.

No comments: